Today at work, we were informed that the week of Christmas, the whole company will be shut down for half the week, and hourly folks (like myself) will only be paid for 20 hours unless they can cover the rest of the week with vacation pay. Luckily, I think I’m ok in that regard. But it’s opening up a broader internal dialogue in my mind about the future of my place in my work environment. We were told not to worry, but when looking at it objectively… they always have to tell you to not worry until it’s time to worry.
I’m looking to God to give me peace in this. These are the times when the collision of my fears vs. my faith are felt the most. But on the other hand, this might give me a chance to go to California for Christmas! As it had stood, I wasn’t going to be able to go. But now, options are re-opening. Perhaps, this is a blessing in disguise.
But as an addendum to my news from last night, my dad also found my ORIGINAL Social Security card! That’s another document to prove my existence. I have to remember to send in my request to the California DMV to get my driving record sent to me, and then it’s license time! Ok, I say that as a “maybe”, because I’ve already been rejected twice for getting a license in this blessed state. Maybe the third time is the charm I need.
Look at all the optimism I’m showing. Be proud of this.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
California, here we come?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment