When I go to the Ram, I expect a burger large in juicy tastiness and low on crap. Tonight was a special exception for me. Despite the server's glowing endorsement, I could sense that disappointment was in the air. Of course the ingredients should have hinted to me that I was already treading on thin ice. I got a dry burger that was just awful. It was called the Louie Burger and it consisted of the hamburger, gorgonzola crumbles, buffalo wing sauce and leaf spinach. I love buffalo wings, I love blue cheese, I love burgers, what's not to love?
It didn't work.
I've been wrestling with what it means to show Christ in my day-to-day life. I may have mentioned before that I worked pretty much solo for about a year and a half, having little to no interaction with anyone during business hours. Now I am around 40 people a day, and my habits that crept into my life seem to invade the lives of others around me. Me randomly singing to myself is one thing. Tapping on things is another. I love percussion, sue me.
But I've also struggled with deeper issues. I struggle with being judgmental, of jumping to conclusions with people I work with. I get so tempted to forget all of my shortcomings and be focused on who has angered me, who has made me feel bad. I try to fight urges I have to lose focus and it frustrates me when my ADD really kicks in and nothing seems to be possible to achieve. In all of that, I've thought very little of how I can be a Christian, but doing it in a way that my life shows it, instead of doing something dramatic like walking around, blessing people. I suppose it's a conversation with myself and God that I've yet to have and I need to have it. I've been really frustrated at my behavior lately, only because I know I could be treating some people a lot better. I don't know. This wasn't meant to rant, but what do you know? It certainly turned into that.
We had a great time at Restitution tonight. I love what has been created. An organic, fun time with friends, new faces and some good learning. For me as a pretty ill-learned theologian, discovering new ways to study and learn has been a great jump for me. Seeing clues in deeper waters has been so rewarding already. Andy has done a great job, and I couldn't be happier with how much I am learning.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Oh Burger, Where Art Thou?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment