Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Like good questions never asked...

The title comes from one of my favorite songs of all time, that I was listening to just now. It's called "Blessed to Be a Witness" by Ben Harper.

I had my performance review at work today. I was expecting to have a laundry list of issues presented to me, because I always seem to find a laundry list of issues that I have just on my own... but it was a surprisingly pleasant meeting. It looks like I won't be fired. Whew.


My heart was absolutely broken by John Terry today. I know not many of you follow football, but my beloved Chelsea (God's team) played Manchester United (Satan's team) in the finals of the UEFA Champions League. The score was 1-1 going to penalty kicks, and the team captain- Terry- slipped and fell as kicking what would have been the game winner. I can't even tell you how that made me feel. I'm sitting at work like an idiot, looking for someone to hug. Sadly for me, my nearest workmate Dave isn't a guy who yearns for hugs from other dudes. But I was suffering. Drogba, how quickly we all turned on you in one match.


Last night I had a chance to go visit my good friends Tom and Kelley where Kelley for the sheer heck of it (so cool) decided to make us all basically my dream meal: homemade wings and California Burritos (don't be fooled, they're quite real). Now for a transplant San Diego...an, the California Burrito is a staple of the any local young man's diet, and it's been sadly missed up here in WA (it's 90% of my food snobbery and I really apologize). Well Kelley came to my rescue and made it all homemade. It was one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. I mentioned it last night and everyone laughed like "yeah, ok Britton", but it was true. I'm still full from it. So from my heart, thank you!

I've been working on a blog the last few nights that I'm a little nervous about writing. I've been reading a great deal on recent issues in our country and I felt like I should write it. I was going to post it last night, but I felt like it wasn't ready. So I hope God gives me some courage to post it. And if not, that it was because I wasn't writing with my true heart.

No comments: