Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"...do what you can to anoint my head..."

Today was absolutely terrifying. Hold on, let me use stronger hyperbole. Today was a day of paralyzing, tortuous fear. Super. In a lot of ways, it really was. Tonight I sang on a stage for the first time. I had a microphone and everything. Instruments were being played around me. People were watching me. I can't even describe the terror (there I go with the hyperbole again) of looking out and seeing my church looking back at me and having no idea what they were thinking. So I did the next best thing I could think of to do.

I gave up trying to care about it.

God is amazing. Even in the middle of all that fear and nervousness, He came to me and focused my mind on what was really my reason for being there. And once that happened, everything melted away. It was just God and I. And I loved it.

This doesn't mean that I want to make singing a normal thing or whatever, but I felt so loved and just wanted to love Him so much by being up there. This is me now cutting myself off at two imaginary drinks and ending this blog.

God is good.

My friends are good.

Today was good.

1 comment:

allthisforaking said...

Britton Dennis, you did AWESOME. All praise to Him!

allthis, Emily