It's a good question. Everyone seems to have a struggle with feeding a sin they have. Some have more than one sin they are feeding. I think some people struggle with feeding an insecurity, feeding despair, anger and pessimism (cough**Britton**cough). It's easier to feed darker emotions than positive because it's hard to be let down when you're already feeding emotions centered on ending in disappointment and failure.
I think that feeding our negativity causes adverse reactions in how we live our lives. We're closed off, expect the worst in anything, maybe find comfort in food. Anything Satan has to throw at us, he will.
I wonder how much better things would be for you and me if we started feeding hope, feeding love, and maybe just for kicks feeding our faith for once. How many turns in my life have I missed because I was too scared to go down a road I didn't know? And I wonder how many times I've hurt my friends because I haven't trusted them they way they've trusted me. And if Britton Dennis was to decide to truly hope, I wonder what that would look like in myself and in the reflections on others around me.
1 comment:
Oh man... is it bad that the first reaction I had to this post was, "man if only he had put A Britton Dennis, or The Britton Dennis?"
I say no.
Post a Comment