Thursday, March 22, 2007

"...all I need is something to keep me holding on..."

I've been working out with my senior pastor the past few weeks. That's right, not youth, worship, or children's pastor.. the head man himself. I'd like to briefly describe what that experience is like... so you can catch the surreal nature of this partnership. These quotes are summarized and said with the most respect possible.

Pastor Andy: "Alright, well don't hurt yourself too much. Go light. I like to use this machine to warm up." He then proceeds to put the weight on the highest setting and bang out 10 reps like it was nothing.

Me: "Ummm... what? I... wow. Alright let me try." I then put it at probably a third of what he has it at.

Pastor Andy: (watching me struggle like a dying deer) "Don't push it too much. You'd hate to pull or tear something."

Me: (still channeling the dying deer) "Yeah... (gasping breath)... I know... (gasping breath)... wow, this is heavy."

Pastor Andy: "Lets get some water."

I come to find out that he has been committed to working out for almost 4 years and he rarely misses. I've loved the motivation he provides me as well as the just plain down to earth way he's teaching me to lift. God and I decided that I've been wasting a lot of time lately and it's time to get moving. I think He's put Pastor Andy in my life right now to boost that process. For that, I am incredibly blessed.

The End

No comments: